This warming and wholesome soup is sure to brighten up any gloomy day!
- 1 large sweet potato, cubed
- 3 medium carrots, rounds
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2″ ginger, diced
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 cups water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Fresh herbs for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the sweet potatoes and carrots with the olive oil and some salt in a bowl till well coated, then transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes and carrots are baking, heat up the coconut oil in a pot on medium high heat and sauté the onions until translucent. Add in the garlic and ginger and cook till fragrant, then add in the water, salt and pepper and turn off the heat.
- When the potatoes and carrots are done, add them into the pot and bring to a boil, then simmer for 15-20 minutes. Transfer the mixture to a blender or use an immersion blender and blend till you get a smooth soup. Transfer the soup back into the pot and adjust seasonings to taste and/or consistency. Once heated up, transfer to a bowl, drizzle with some olive oil and garnish with fresh herbs of choice before serving.