On Sundays we eat pancakes (or Açaí bowls)! I figured I need to start making healthy pancakes if it was going to be a weekly thing, so I switched to these banana oatmeal pancakes topped with fresh berries, organic maple syrup and a sprinkle of powdered sugar. Now, I don’t need to feel guilty every time I dig into these!
- 1 cup almond milk/any other non-dairy milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh berries & maple syrup for serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a smooth batter.
- Heat up some butter in a pan on medium heat and pour half a cup of the batter into the pan; cook for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook for an additional minute. Continue with the rest of the batter.
- Garnish with fresh berries, all the maple syrup possible and serve immediately.