This salad comes packed with so much protein and so many different flavors and textures. One of my absolute favorites, plus it’s nice to use chickpeas for something else other than hummus.
- 1 15oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 6 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- Handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Gently mix the chickpeas, carrots, dates and cilantro in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl, drizzle over the chickpea mixture and toss till well coated.
- Add in the pistachios and feta cheese and toss gently. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.