A few times a year I CRAVE pancakes and waffles. So I make the pancakes at home because I can, and I go out to eat waffles because I don’t have a waffle maker. Although, I recently found out that I can buy a really good one for as little as $20 so maybe next time I get the craving I’ll make both pancakes and waffles!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. butter, melted
- Mixed berries
- All the maple syrup in the world
- In a bowl, mix the milk, egg and vanilla extract together.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk. Create a well in the middle and add in the milk and egg mixture. Whisk lightly, then add in the melted butter. Whisk again until just combined. Lumpy batter is okay.
- Leave it to rest for a few minutes while heating up the skillet on medium heat. Scoop the batter 1/4 cup at a time onto the heated skillet and cook each side for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garnish with berries, butter, and literally all the maple syrup you can find.