I love rice! It’s very hard to eat rice and stay fit though, so I discovered an alternative; cauliflower rice. Thank you to whoever invented this marvelous creation! The possibilities with cauliflower rice are endless, and this recipe is my absolute favorite.
- 1 small cauliflower
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced & divided equally
- 1″ ginger, minced
- 1 thai chili, thinly sliced
- 10 thai basil leaves
- 1 chicken breast, sliced
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 4 tsp. light soy sauce, divided equally
- 1 tsp. honey
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Break off the cauliflower florets, cut off the stems and rinse and dry thoroughly. Transfer to a food processor and chop until you get a rice-like texture. Don’t over process or it will get mushy.
- Heat up some oil in a wok and add in the diced onions and carrots. Stir-fry until the onions turn translucent then add in half the minced garlic and all the ginger. Stir for about 30 seconds then add in the cauliflower rice, 2 teaspoons of the soy sauce and the sesame oil. Give it a quick toss and season with salt and pepper if necessary. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Clean out the wok, heat up some oil and add in the sliced chicken. Stir-fry until the chicken is almost done, then add in the chilis, basil leaves and garlic. Stir it all together for about 30 seconds then add in the fish sauce, soy sauce and honey. Toss till the chicken is coated in the sauce, then serve it on top of the rice.